Production Despatch/Warehouse Manager
Salary: £28-32k depending on experience
Grafton Specialist has been retained by a long standing Engineering and Fabrications firm based in Coleraine to recruit a Production Despatch/Warehouse Manager.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Responsible for all aspects of management, operational process, quality, safety, reporting, housekeeping and discipline in all areas under your control in line with company KPIs. To provide leadership and motivation to the Stores, Dispatch and Production teams to ensure orders are safely assembled and delivered to customers on time and in full.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To ensure that dispatched goods meet customer expectations including code control;
- Ensure ownership and accountability for the quality of output.
- Responsible for controlling costs within shift, including Labour, damage, sales losses and all other associated costs;
- Manage dispatch throughputs including kitting rates, loading, unloading, administration and other associated costs;
- To reach planned delivery schedules at all times and ensure that any challenges are tackled pro-actively ensuring customer expectations are not affected;
- Ensure shift compliance with all company policies, procedures and aspects of employment and transport law including Working Time Directive, Road Transport Directive, Driver's Hours Regulations and Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for the management of all the employees within your area at any time;
- Manage the day to day operations within the department utilising the available employees to guarantee the most efficient use of employees, machinery and materials to meet customer requirements ;
- You will have a particular focus on quality management systems and review continuous improvements throughout the department;
- Responsible and have authority for all aspects of safety within the department as per the Health and Safety Manual, Training Manuals and Risk Assessments;
- At least 3 years previous experience of warehouse/stores/dispatch management within a manufacturing/engineering or similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse/stock management systems including Material Resource Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Proven experience implementing continuous improvement techniques
- Strong leadership and management skills, which have been demonstrated in previous roles
- The ability to operate and make decisions effectively in a fast paced, pressurised environment
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333