Location: Co. Armagh
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
My client is a global leader in Manufacturing. The company have experience significant growth and have a rich history of success in the industry. They have a current requirement for a Production director who will be responsible for the operational direction and management of the company's facilities, materials management and logistics and also have overall responsibility for the, coordination the warehouse processes, ensuring the most operationally efficient allocation of resources.
You will need excellent time management skills and focus on attention to detail. You will have excellent interpersonal and management skills, be able to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the Factory Managers to identify training needs. In conjunction with the Learning & Development manager setup the required training.
- Prepare and maintain department annual budget.
- Direct and manage the Factory and Warehouse Management team on quality and manufacturing systems, cascade down short and long term strategies to ensure they fully meet the needs of their internal customers.
- Increase productivity through continuous improvement initiatives, as part of the lean manufacturing initiative, be the leader for lean manufacturing processes.
- Work to reduce all inventories and implement improved management and stock recording techniques.
- Take part in end of project reviews (internal & external) and collect lessons learned and ensure these are communicated and considered for future tender opportunities.
- Work in partnership with all Directors to further develop and achieve the strategic goals of the Company.
- Execute the responsibilities of a company director according to lawful and ethical standards, as referenced in fraud and malpractice, ethical conduct and integrated quality policies.
- Report to the Board on a monthly basis - participate in Senior Management Meeting as and when they occur.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed review and set health and safety standards within factory. Chair regular health and safety review meetings within the factory and warehouse.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out for all operations and that all mandatory health & safety training is carried out
- Monitor and assist in the personal development of all members of the factory and warehouse team encouraging knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Work to maintain and improve the framework laid down by the ISO 9001, ISO14001 systems
- Proven experience at senior level Management with at least 5-7 year's experience
- Engineering qualification
- 3rd level education
The salary on offer is negotiable depending on experience