Production Floor Manager
Location: County Down
My client is one of Northern Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in the food production industry. They have a current opportunity for a Production Floor Manager to join their Production & Engineering teams with primary responsibility for the day to day supervision of the cross function production teams to deliver key performance indicators.
- Lead the Production team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work.
- Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
- Maintain a continuous focus on health and safety following company and industry procedures.
- Involvement in all recruitment stages with responsibility for selecting the correct team members to take the business forward.
- Carry out personal development programmes and consistent monitoring of direct report performance.
- Focus on continuous improvement with the ability to make a contribution to the improvement of processes going forward.
- Monitor & Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) through following existing business processes.
- Liaise with and coordinate maintenance department regarding maintenance programmes and equipment efficiency.
- Experience of managing a team in a production/processing environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of Lean manufacturing.
- The ability to record and analyse key process data.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and maintaining health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of modernized problem solving techniques
- Experience in standardisation of processes
- Experience in a management role within the food processing industry
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333