Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join a locally based client in Newry Co.Down that prides themselves on their positive work environment. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to develop their skills further.
The ideal candidate will strategically create and manage an ethos of continuous improvement within the production facility through effective management of day to day operations in order to assist the company to grow in a profitable manner.
- Overall management of day to day operations, incorporating production planning and scheduling in accordance with customer specifications.
- In conjunction with the management team, contribute to the formulation of the short, medium and long term business strategies for the company and agree personal performance objectives in support of these strategies.
- Develop and implement production scheduling targets and production sheets to ensure products are ready on time, control production costs to budgeted limits and devise systems to ensure effective waste management.
- Plan rotas to maximise production efficiencies, taking into consideration the flexibility of human and mechanical resources and availability of working hours.
- Liaise with the NPD Chef to ensure that production of any new or enhanced product ranges correspond with production capability, quality standards and packaging/labelling requirements.
- Order ingredients and packaging and liaise with suppliers/potential suppliers to ensure the company is receiving value for money.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager in relation to any hygiene/HACCP issues, ensure that all production is carried out in strict compliance with company quality requirements and ensure that quality standards are continuously monitored and improved.
- As and when required, manage the company's BRC accreditation process in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Liaise with the despatch team to ensure all orders are correctly checked off against customer orders and appropriately loaded on company delivery vans.
- Provide technical and problem solving advice regarding materials, machinery and production systems and ensure that production machinery and equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Participate in customer/Environmental Health audits/inspections and liaise with the company's customers as required in relation to order queries.
- Manage statutory health and safety requirements within the production area, ensuring effective hygiene, housekeeping and staff training in accordance with legislation.
- Provide day to day direction to the production team ensuring the effective communication of company information, involvement in recruitment and selection, training and performance appraisal activity, and the handling of conflict resolution activity in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Meet regularly with the Managing Director and management team to ensure effective communication of production management information, and provide production reports and other information in order to enhance management decision making and inform future company direction.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Managing Director.
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory or management level experience in a food production environment
- Minimum 2 years work experience in managing and motivating teams to achieve challenging targets
- Good knowledge of HACCP regulations and relevant NI health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of BRC quality standards
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills in the English language, both verbal and written, including strong influencing skills
- Evidence of good analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Evidence of strong organisational and planning skills
- Proven effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results while working independently and on own initiative
- Competent in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Able to work flexibly as required to ensure business needs are met * Sunday work is essential
- Level 3 food hygiene certificate
- Experience in the sandwich production industry
- Experience in the identification and implementation of production efficiency's
If you meet all of the above criteria and interested in this position please submit your cv to email@example.com by Tuesday 17th May 2016 @ 12 noon.