Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
Working hours: Hours - core hours will be dayshift, however, please note given the 24/7 responsibility of a unit applicants must be flexible to work across all shifts, as and when required.
My client is one of Irelands leading and most reputable employers who operate within the food production and packaging industry. They have a vacancy for a Production Manager at their "state of the art" Dungannon facility.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Production Managers are responsible for leading the Operations team of a business unit, to achieve the profit and performance targets set by the factory manager. Drive continuous improvement through maximising operational effectiveness and efficiencies whilst reducing costs through the development of people, processes and systems. Sets improvement strategies for own business unit KPI's, enhancing the group mission, vision and value as set out in the Plan to Lead. Build and foster enhanced teamwork within a specific area.
- Responsible for budget management for assigned business unit.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining KPI's.
- Continuous Improvement
Responsibilities & Duties
- To develop and work as part of a site operations team to deliver site operational objectives.
- To implement process KPI's to exceed customer score card.
- Maintain and uphold all aspects of Company HR policies in particular standards of discipline, communication and industrial relations.
- Develop, train, coach and motivate the Unit team and operatives, in conjunction with the HR department and carry out annual performance reviews.
- Optimise labour utilisation by reducing absenteeism, labor turnover and holiday planning.
- Advise or recommend any improvement to work methods which could improve productivity, performance or economy of operation.
- Responsible for all activities within the respective business unit across all shifts.
- Attend / chair team meetings as required and have clear strategies for good communication between management and operatives to help maintain good industrial relations and improve overall effectiveness of the business.
- Optimise staffing levels needed to run efficiently and deliver strategic profit improvement plans.
- Accountable for the manufacture of quality product which meets the customer specification.
- Measure and review KPI's to ensure the site meets its operational objectives.
- 3 years experience in management
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of building successful teams.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Proven strong organisational and planning ability
- Management experience within Food Manufacturing or FMCG
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 3rd level Education
The salary on offer is £30,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333