Our client, a manufacturing organisation, seek to appoint a Production Manager to lead their manufacturing team.. The Production Manager will be a member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the operations manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the production team and implementing improvements to ensure that the business can achieve its potential.
The appointed Production Manager will be a strong communicator with excellent people skills, a trained engineer with a technical mindset, and have the confidence / self-assurance to lead to best practice as standard. Experience of working for an SME with a wide-ranging remit is beneficial. They will have a proven track record in dealing with third parties and will be able to show that they have successfully handled production in a manufacturing environment
Production Manager - Role and Responsibilities - Manufacturing Manager
- Scheduling and planning of production and distribution to customer requirements.
- Manage, review and monitor long term production targets with the aim of improving performance and minimising losses.
- Drive quality
- Manage, review and monitor daily production activity to ensure short term objectives are hit.
- Manage and review all tools, training and equipment required for manufacturing.
- Day to day management of production supervisor, warehouse supervisor and shop floor staff.
- Site Health and safety representative for training and standards. Create and implement improvements in department effectiveness.
- Co-ordinate rostering and holiday schedules.
- Manage raw material stocks
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a production management role with the ability to prioritise workloads and volumes
- Previous experience working for an SME preferred, with involvement in multiple other departments on a daily basis.
- Engineering qualification and technical mindset.
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualified preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity with Quality Systems Management with a good understanding of ISO9001 implementation.
- Knowledge of lean / continuous improvement is desirable
- Common-sense approach to streamlining operations, increasing efficiency and minimising waste.
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a driven, can do and motivational attitude to work
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills able to work as part of a team.
To apply please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333