Location: Co. Antrim
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Working hours: Day shift Monday to Friday
Grafton Specialist has been retained by a long standing Engineering and Fabrications firm based in Co. Antrim to recruit a Production Manager. The company have experienced steady expansion in recent years through the completion of major projects across UK and Ireland.
Reporting to: Managing Director
The role of the production manager will be to progress orders in a timely and efficient manner and with due regard to budgets from the sales and estimating stage to a fabricated state ,complete and ready for erecting on site by others.
It will be the responsibility of the successful candidate to manage the Production unit and staff on a daily basis, ensuring daily/weekly/monthly KPI's are adhered to.
Responsibilities & Duties
- The production manager will plan the contract operations with regard to the customer's delivery requirements and in liaison with the general manager
- He will attend coordinating meetings and ensure efficient use and quantity of Labour, plant etc. and timely deliveries of materials, consumables including use of outside contractors (painting etc.)
- He will ensure that production information including technical drawings are accurately produced and with sufficient details to enable construction. This also extends to ensuring that any site dimensions required are accurately measured and recorded.
- Ensure that direct reports receive necessary training in accordance with the Industry standards
- 3 years experience in management
- Experience within Fabrications/Steel works/ Welding environment
- Working knowledge of EN287, 288 regulations
- Experience in the Maintenance management of plant and machinery.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333