Production Manager - Nightshift
Location: County Antrim
Salary: Attractive salary commensurate with qualifications & experience
My client is one of Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in the packaging industry. They have a vacancy for a Production Manager - Nightshift (the position has arisen through continued expansion) who will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for:
Responsible for leading a designated Production Team, to achieve the profit and performance targets set by the Operations Director including the daily running and process of orders through designated production lines. Drive continuous improvement to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiencies through the development of people, process and systems. Sets improvements strategies for own business unit KPI's.
- Operate at all times to the highest attainable quality and safety standards.
- Instil quality and safety conscious attitude and work methods into all employees including agency workers.
- Monitor and maintain quality and health and safety systems and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Understand and apply the Company Quality, Environment and Health & Safety rules and statutory requirements applying to all operations under their control.
- Optimise staffing levels needed to run efficiently and deliver strategic profit improvement plans.
- Responsible for all activities within the respective designated Production team, across all shifts
- Work closely with Supervisors/Team Leaders to ensure production handovers are effective,
- Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative quality and environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Creating and managing print production schedules
- Report weekly to the Operations Director of any critical maintenance issue not routinely resolve or required immediately for essential repairs
- Attend/chair team meetings as required and have clear strategies for good communication between management and team to help maintain good industrial relations and improve overall effectiveness of the business
- At least 2 years' experience operating at a relevant managerial level in manufacturing
- FMCG experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience of working with production statistics, variances, KPIs etc
- Proven track record in innovation and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven financial awareness of labour control and operations KPIs
- Educated to a minimum of HNC or equivalent
- Printing industry experience
The job holder may be required to undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required of him / her in the post, the department mentioned above or in the company
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333