Production Manager - Nightshift
Location: County Antrim
Salary: Attractive salary commensurate with qualifications & experience
My client who are seeking a production manager are one of Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and are a market leader in the packaging industry. They have a vacancy for a Production Manager - Nightshift (the position has arisen through continued expansion) who will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for:
Responsible for leading a designated Production Team, the Production Manager will be expected to achieve the profit and performance targets set by the Operations Director including the daily running and process of orders through designated production lines. Drive continuous improvement to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiencies through the development of people, process and systems. Sets improvements strategies for own business unit KPI's.
- As Production Manager you will ensure that at all times operations are being met and delivered to the highest attainable quality and safety standards.
- Instil quality and safety conscious attitude and work methods into all employees including agency workers.
- Monitor and maintain quality and health and safety systems and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Understand and apply the Company Quality, Environment and Health & Safety rules and statutory requirements applying to all operations under their control.
- Optimise staffing levels needed to run efficiently and deliver strategic profit improvement plans.
- Responsible for all activities within the respective designated Production team, across all shifts
- Work closely with Supervisors/Team Leaders to ensure production handovers are effective,
- Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative quality and environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Creating and managing print production schedules
- Report weekly to the Operations Director of any critical maintenance issue not routinely resolve or required immediately for essential repairs
- Attend/chair team meetings as required and have clear strategies for good communication between management and team to help maintain good industrial relations and improve overall effectiveness of the business
- At least 2 years' experience operating at a relevant managerial level in manufacturing
- FMCG experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience of working with production statistics, variances, KPIs etc
- Proven track record in innovation and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven financial awareness of labour control and operations KPIs
- Educated to a minimum of HNC or equivalent
- Printing industry experience
If interested in the Production Manager Position please forward your cv asap. If you would like more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333 or 07966990462
If the Production Manager role is not quite what you are looking for, but are interested in production and manufacturing roles, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.