Salary: Attractive salary commensurate with qualifications & experience
My client who are seeking to recruit a Production Planner, are one of Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and are a market leader in the packaging industry. They have a vacancy for a Production Planner (the position has arisen through continued expansion) who will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for:
- The Production Planner will Implement and provide a rolling 18 month forecast process
- Implement and maintain a new specialised planning computer system covering Scheduling and Planning
- Continually seek ways to improve the planning processes by optimising operations, by continually revisiting the planning master data, to achieve agreed key performance indicator targets
Job Specification and Responsibilities:
- Implement and provide a rolling 18 month forecast process
- As Planning Manager will take ownership for the maintenance of all master data within the Planning system
- Continually seek ways to improve the planning processes by optimising operations by continually revisiting the planning master data, to achieve agreed key performance indicator targets
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly review approaches to ensure process and system improvements are explored effectively
- Ensure the weekly plan is created on time as per process for the required horizon, and communicated to the relevant teams
- Ensure the daily duties are conducted in the Planning system so that a clean plan is maintained and communicating to the team
- Prepare and present the Supply Review as part of the company's Sales and Operations Planning process, using the data from the Demand process to highlight any scenarios requiring further action.
- Using the Planning system, as part of the manufacturing meeting, coordinate short and medium term production requirements with Production Supervisors and feedback to SCM any production restrictions across the individual processes and propose mitigating action plans.
- Minimum of 5 years in a related Manufacturing Environment
- Operating with ERP system, BPCS, SAP or Oracle
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a planning/supply role working with MRP, ERP and system planning systems
- Commissioning a Planning System
- Planning and MRP process knowledge.
- Forecasting experience. Business processes and Sales and Operations Process understanding.
- Advanced Excel to include Pivot Tables
- Project Management Experience
- CIPS- certificate in procurement and supply operations
Health and safety qualification IOSH/NEBOSH
If interested in the Production Planner positions please forward your CV ASAP. If you would like more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333 or 07966990462
If the Production Planner role is not quite what you are looking for, but are interested in production and manufacturing roles, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.