Production Planning Manager
Location: Co. Antrim
My client is one of Ireland's leading and most reputable employers who operate within the food production and packaging industry.
Reporting to: Site Manager
As Production Planning Manager will mainly assist the Operations and Production Team to drive Operations and continuous improvement to the next level.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Adhere to departmental budgets and support the business to achieve financial targets.
- Lead and direct the site planning team with clear objectives / accountability's so as to provide an effective planning function to the business through a high performing team.
- Carry out individual staff performance reviews and address and identified training and development needs to be met
- Lead and develop the department team. Ensure that there is a timely and effective flow of information
- Provide leadership and direction to the site Planning team, ensuring they have a clear understanding of their role in helping the site to achieve its business plans and objectives, and are motivated to deliver outstanding results on their site.
- To be responsible for the site production schedules and plans with the goal of achieving required service levels at optimised lowest cost
- Logical and analytical capability
- Proven people management experience in a planning function.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communicator, able to build teamwork within department and cross-functional
- Excellent numerical skills
- Computer Literate, especially in Excel
- During seasonal production periods a reasonable degree of flexibility will be required in this role.
- A working knowledge of an FMCG and/or manufacturing environment
- Third level qualification
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda on 02890 323333