Our client a successful and long standing food manufacturer in the Portadown area require an experienced Production Scheduler.
- Using ERP to manage day to day planning and forecasting activities.
- Production scheduling to fully utilize available resources (equipment, labour, materials, energy) with minimal waste, current and forward.
- Produce a detailed production plan, using MRP and effectively communicate it to the production team
- Regular communication with shift leaders.
- Monitor and report on Production constraints
- Monitor production performance against agreed schedule and make any changes necessary to ensure customers' needs are met
- Monitor sales forecast performance against agreed forecast and communicate variance to the Sales team
- Proactively monitor and control stock levels
- Liaise daily with Buyer and Warehouse team on raw material demands
- Communicate with sales/customer care team on customer orders
- Attend daily operations meetings with full update on effectiveness of production schedule
- Proactively Input and maintain data accuracy on ERP systems to ensure detailed and effective production schedules may be produced
- Proactively work with the planning manager to forecast and establish volumes on a, weekly and daily basis.
- Ensures customers are scheduled on time in full
- The successful candidate will have, 3rd level education or equivalent,
- 2 years of proven experience and working knowledge of an MRP system
- Strong IT skills, with a particular focus on Excel. Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel etc.
- Previous production / distribution and or planning experience is essential.
- An ability to work on one's own initiative,
- Communicate and organise effectively is essential.
- Due to the nature of the job numerical skills, attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of working hours is essential
- Full Clean driving license as this role may involve travel within departments.
- Proven experience working within a FMCG environment
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing techniques.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Claire on 02838353335 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button or emailing to email@example.com