Production Shift Manager - 12 hour shifts ( perm days)
The Shift Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the factory operation and personnel on their shift. The successful candidate will ensure that production targets and deadlines are achieved and that key performance indicators are met with absolute compliance with Quality, Environmental & Health & Safety and Food Hygiene standards. Overall, this is a pro-active role, taking ownership of the shift. Outside of office hours, the Shift Manager is the Senior Manager on site and is expected to act and take decisions accordingly.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they have:
- At least 1 years' experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing environment, preferably within a bottling or food packaging environment to include supervision of more than one department.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes in a high speed factory environment.
- The ability to motivate teams and 'lead from the front'.
- Experience of a continuous improvement factory environment.
- A working knowledge of health & safety, quality, food safety and environmental standards.
- GCSE English & Math's (Grade C or above) or equivalent.
- Level 2 Qualification in Leadership/Management.
- Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of BRC standards.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement systems and processes.
This is a 12 hour shift position based on a current 5/2 shift pattern; however the post holder will be required to be flexible in terms of working hours to meet business needs.
If interested please contact Glenda on 02890 323333