Production Supervisor - Evening and Night shift
Location: Co. Antrim
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Grafton Specialist has been retained by a long standing innovating and market leading Manufacturing firm based in Co. Antrim to recruit a Production Supervisor. The company have experienced steady expansion in recent years through the completion of major projects.
Reporting to: Production Manager
Responsibilities & Duties
- Communicate to operators' performance objectives set by management. Help set up performance measures and report daily/weekly on progress.
- Work with operators and Managers to identify potential areas for improvement in Quality and throughput.
- Communicate regularly with Production Managers on day to day issues, highlighting possible production problems and suggesting solutions.
- Ensure all team members are adhering to H&S, housekeeping and correct working procedures.
- Ensure staff are trained to be multi-flexible across all disciplines.
- Communicate regularly with all team members and be willing to listen to grievances, suggestion etc.
- Lead by example adopting a hands on approach where possible especially during busy spells.
- Deputise for Managers when required.
- Encourage and enforce punctuality, good timekeeping and workstation attendance.
- Work with Production managers in all matters of discipline.
- Ensure all accidents are being reported and assist in accident investigation.
- Investigate and provide/suggest contingency planning in the event of machine breakdowns and shortages in manning levels.
- Ensure inspection sheets are complete
- 2+ years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working to KPI's and supporting continuous improvement
- Must be flexible in hours of work.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333