Programme Manager required for a public sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre
Role: Programme Manager (permanent Post)
Salary Scale: £28k - £30k + 6% Flexible allowance
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hours: 37 hours per week
To be responsible to the Sales Manager for the development and planning of the Artistic and Entertainment Programme.
- To develop, initiate and source, in conjunction with the Sales Manager, a balanced commercial programme of artistic and entertainment events which supports the delivery of strategy and business plan, in particular the achievement of the commercial targets and objectives.
- To be responsible for diary management over two venues.
- To develop a creative and innovative artistic and entertainment programme for the (auditorium and studio space) and in accordance with the strategy and business plan.
- To find creative and innovative solutions to ensure the client exceeds customer expectations and delivers the objectives outlined in the Business Plan.
- To supervise and manage, and be accountable for the performance of, the Programme Assistant.
- To proactively research, develop and manage a range of commercially sensitive relationships with entertainment promoters, agents, companies and individuals.
- To prepare, develop, initiate, and manage specific artistic and entertainment programmes in accordance with the strategy and business plan to proposal stage. To be responsible for all associated financial management, budgeting, marketing, operations and programme management, to ensure the target objectives for each event(s) are achieved.
- In preparing the artistic and entertainment programme for both venues, effectively negotiate with key clients on a number of commercially sensitive issues, ensuring these discussions are undertaken in a sensitive manner, in line with the clients policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for attending local, national and international events and industry related productions, conferences, festivals and meetings in order to make informed recommendations for the artistic and entertainment strategy and business plan.
- To be the primary point of contact for entertainment event hirers, for all areas of the client.
- To ensure the achievement of all associated targets and objectives, in particular circa £2m per year income.
- As required, to attend meetings and represent the client, and the Sales and Marketing Director and Sales Manager, in their absence, in all relevant matters relating directly to the events programme at the venues.
- To fully understand and be able to use VEMS for the venues, and to be responsible for the accurate input of all event information.
- A degree in a related subject such as Arts, Media and Theatre Studies or Business Studies
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate, at least 2 years commercial knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- - Researching - Negotiating and managing profitable business relationships- Diary management and reporting packages.
- - Financial management and evaluation of arts and entertainment events and using IT systems such as CRM databases
- - Developing
- - Developing and programming an artistic and entertainment programme,
- Applicants should have knowledge of current trends in the promotion of entertainments and arts events.
- Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a wide range of organisations and people.
- Applicants must possess drive, initiative and enthusiasm and have excellent organisational and administration skills.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided ASAP, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 15TH AUG.