Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking a Project Analyst for a 3 year contact with our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit a Project Analyst for their Programme Management Office on a 3 year Fixed Term Contract.
Main Responsibilities of the role are to:
- Ensure each project is being progressed with the required project governance (controls) in place including periodic review, tracking and reporting of same.
- Assist with the review, development and design of project plans and procedures which contribute to the successful delivery of projects.
- Co-ordination and validation of information in preparation of project monthly status reports with input from Project Managers.
- Co-ordination and validation of information in preparation of the Transmission Outage Programme.
- Assist the project team in coordinating with stakeholders
- Review monthly financial spend reports from finance department and update individual project spend details on monthly project reports.
- Attend meetings, record minutes and actions raised at project meetings.
- Prepare project management control documentation utilising existing standard templates.
- Maintain up to date project management documents including risk register, project plan, financial tracking, issue log, action log, project programme and other reporting tools on 110 projects.
- Gather, analyse, interpret and summarise the outputs of project work streams to ensure, with the Project Manager, that deliverables are recorded and acted upon at timely intervals.
- Carry out variance analysis and highlight issues/risks as they arise.
- Co-ordination of stakeholder information in relation to project requirements, requests for information, etc.
- Co-ordinate internal project communications.
- Prepare reports and communication briefs including presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Project Managers and PMO team Leads in preparation of documentation for project audits (internal & external).
- Assist in maintaining Project Controls in accordance with internal guidance documents.
- Draft project change controls with input from Project Managers and track through approval process.
- Support PMO team leads in collating information in response to Freedom of Information requests.
- Third level qualification in engineering, business or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2-3 years post qualification experience in a project coordination role.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Project.
- Experience in mass data handling.
- Flexible in approach and willingness to work on projects/team tasks as the need arises, in addition to day to day duties.
- Understand project management principles including scope/change management.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise a wide range of demands and on-going activities.
- Keen judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good communications skills including written and presentation.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- Experience in large scale planning or construction projects
- PMI trained.