Project Assessment Officer required for Public Sector Body in Belfast.
Role: Project Assessment Officer
Salary: £13.00 per hour
Hours: Mon-Fri 42 hrs per week (inclusive of 1 hour lunch break)
Duration: Initially 4 months
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Managing a caseload of external project assessments, reviewing the draft documents for consistency
- Assisting with obtaining the necessary information required.
- Preparing Assessment reports on funding applications submitted.
- Quickly developing
- Quickly developing a keen understanding of the programme and priority objects under the PEACE IV and INTERREG VA programmes
- May be required to critically review project applications and associated business plans.
- Consulting with relevant Government Departments as to the suitability of applications.
- Sourcing relevant, additional information on funding applications.
- Interpreting, understanding and applying EU eligibility rules and guidelines.
- Scoring applications against agreed scoring criteria (according to an agreed template).
- Presenting findings internally to work-peers as part of an internal business scrutiny group.
- Preparing final paperwork to be presented to selection panels.
- Ensuring that appropriate audit trails are in place by maintaining up-to-date electronic and paper based files.
- Excellent written skills
- Previous experience of report writing
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the public, private, voluntary and community sectors in N Ireland and the border region of Ireland.
- Excellent financial skills are required. The candidate will be required to understand, review, comment and interpret complex budgets (budgets of up to €5 million). The candidate will be required to demonstrate their experience in working with financial data.
- Must be entirely IT literate and display excellent technical skills.
- Experience in financial planning and financial forecasting for large-scale projects.
- Must be able to comment on governance issues associated with project promoters.
- Mustbe able to demonstrate a high level of organisation skills, and be able to manage a complex and diverse workload to ensure that challenging deadlines are met.
- Excellent decision making and have the ability to problem solve, and to influence others. Whilst the
- Must have experience in monitoring, evaluation and planning, monitoring, ensuring the most effective use of resources and assisting in resource allocation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided ASAP, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.