Buyer/Planner (temporary contract)
Pay rate: Negotiable DOE - Circa £11-£16 per hour
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Buyer/Planner for a leading, global manufacturing firm based in Lisburn. This position is on an ongoing temporary contract.
* Perform and manage the procurement of both direct and indirect material for the support of a manufacturing plant via the Oracle ERP system.
* Procure and/or schedule an inbound supply chain to align with ASCP requirements while supporting plant inventory targets. Adheres to corporate policies and guidelines for the procurement and control of direct and indirect material.
* Ensure that purchasing documents (i.e. purchase orders), are processed completely and accurately and submitted on-time to suppliers; responsible for maintaining correct costs and data entry and follows the complete procurement process from PO submission to invoicing.
* Ensure replenishment, call off and supplier managed inventory process are maintained and managed to ensure on time delivery and inventory levels are maintained.
* Manages component change and the introduction of new parts through the planning process.
* Administers, in conjunction with SQE management, non-conforming supplier stock and replacements.
* Monitor and report key performance metrics, including supplier on-time delivery, order execution, supplier payments.
* Communicating and working through any issues that could impact the manufacturing process and elevating concerns as necessary.
* Works closely with Sourcing to deliver deflation and persistently looks for and communicates opportunities for cost reduction / avoidance.
* Assists the Materials team in maintaining accurate physical vs. perpetual inventory records, safety stocks, supplier forecasts, etc.
* Conduct functional training for Planner/Buyers as well as rolling out communication and provide subsequent training that is a result of system changes and/or enhancements.
* Manage other tasks and projects related to the management of materials or suppliers.
* 18-24 months' Supply Chain Planning experience
* Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
* Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Oracle system experience
* Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
* Flexible work schedule
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive pay rate of £11-£16 per hour.
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333.