Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit a Project Manager to support the IS Corporate Applications Manager in the delivery of key IS projects. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of application development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects within a complex integrated systems environment. The project manager will be responsible for developing and managing project schedules, costs, identifying risks & issues and clearly communicating these to project stakeholders.
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of application development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects.
- Liaise with the business as required to understand stakeholder needs; guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Develop and implement procedures and IS documentation to maximise the effectiveness and quality of working practices.
- Assist in determining project objectives and outlines project requirements.
- Track and report on project progress against the project plan.
- Track and report on project risks and issues.
- Manage the project budget and update forecasts throughout the project lifecycle.
- Co-ordinate project resources across a number of IS functions.
- Manage and review the service delivery of external vendors.
- Provide regular project reports to stakeholders.
- Produce, manage and coordinate all relevant documentation.
- 6 + years proven track record in IT Project Management
- Extensive experience of managing application development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects.
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling and budgeting for IT project implementation.
- Extensive decision making and an ability to prioritise.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive technical and analytical skills with the ability to operate in a large complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience in risk and change management.
- Proficient in project management software/tools.
- Prince 2 Certified.
- A formal 3rd level qualification.
- Experience of working within a similar IT environment is preferable i.e. Oracle, MS Visual Basic and MS Net.
- A strong understanding of Web Services.
- Experience of delivering projects for the Utility sector (preferably the Electricity business).
This work is expected to commence as soon as possible and is likely to continue until June 2017. It is favourable for a candidate to be available to start immediately.