The Client: Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a Project Manager in Dublin.
This position is for 9 months, covering Maternity Leave.
The Role: Project Manager
To carry out the role of Project Manager delivering the project to the authorised budget, scope and programme.
Responsibilities: Management of the project on a day to day basis including the following:
- Preparation of Board Papers and monthly Board reports.
- Preparation of funding papers and project management reports
- Management of all project stakeholders to ensure expectations are met throughout the project
- Monthly reporting on progress with respect to scope, budget and programme
- Development of the project execution plan
- Ensuring project risks are identified and managed appropriately (safety, commercial, financial)
- Development of the project business case to achieve approval from relevant authorities
- Management of budget and cash flow, reporting on actual and forecast expenditure
- Arranging and chairing project meetings
- Obtaining necessary planning permission , and external CRR approvals
- Development of tender documents for the project and supporting the procurement phase for all necessary contracts
- Monitoring project contracts, managing contractor / consultants performance and progress
- Managing account negotiations and agreement of final accounts with consultants / contractors
- Comply with the general duties of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Undertake safety audits, as required by the Programme Manager and in line with the New Works Safety Management System to ensure robust safety management systems and emergency arrangements are in place;
- Identify the key risk areas under your control and ensure that staff, contractors, consultants and external agencies comply with relevant company policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure all hours worked by staff are accurately captured against appropriate chargeable and non-chargeable items;
- Management of internal and external project resources to deliver the project to the agreed scope, programme and budget.
Hours of work: 09.00 - 17.12 Monday to Friday
- An Engineering, Construction or Project Management degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years experience managing projects of a similar complexity which cross multiple disciplines
- Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the management of Telecommunications installations
- Experience in managing the development of design of large buildings
- Knowledge of contract drafting, management and law
- A good working knowledge of applicable National and European safety, planning and environmental legislation
In Return: Salary €80,000 - €90,000 plus 25 days annual leave
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.