Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Project Manager Full Time based in Coleraine/Ballymoney
Role : Project Manager
Location : Coleraine/Ballymoney
Hours of work : 9am to 5pm - Monday to Friday
Length of Assignment : 2 year contract
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £15.61 13 weeks + £17.33
Main Purpose of post :
- Working across multiple business areas you will carry out a full audit, review and diagnostics across all contracts of employment. As part of the review you will provide full reporting and cost analysis in order to establish the benefit of moving to a more harmonised approach. Following the review, you will lead in the harmonisation of employee contracts in line with the findings of the review.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Main Responsibilities :
- Carry out an audit of the terms and conditions of all employees in Causeway Coast and Glens. Highlight the differences in terms and conditions.
- Carry out an audit of policies and procedures highlight the main differences in the policies.
- Develop a range of options / proposals for terms and conditions for Causeway Coast and Glens going forward.
- Prepare a cost benefit analysis for each proposal.
- Prepare risk analysis for each proposal.
- Develop a project plan for the implementation of new terms and conditions.
- Present options/proposals to SMT/Council.
- Consult and negotiate as required.
- Lead on the implementation of new terms and conditions for all employees.
- Prepare monthly progress reports. Attend and provide updates at various meetings including SMT, Trade Unions and Councillors.
- Undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service. Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups and prepare and present reports as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must have
- Experience of delivering large scale, complex projects which have had an impact on terms and conditions or working practices for employees.
- Experience of consulting and negotiating with Trade Unions.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a management position.
- Competent in the use of ICT applications including Microsoft Office.
 Large scale is defined as involving over 200 employees / workers.
 Complex is defined as involving employees / workers on a number of sites; with employees / workers who have different issues.
Desirable Criteria :
- Experience of working in local government
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.