Role: Project Manager
Location: Ballynahinch, County Down with occasional UK travel
Salary: £40k - £45k negotiable
Grafton Construction is exclusively working in partnership with a leading bespoke Manufacturing and Design company based in Ballynahinch, County Down. They have a current opportunity for a Project Manager attracting a salary ranging from £40,000 - £45,000. They wish to recruit an experienced and professional individual to join their Management Team.
Our client has a long established reputation for Craftsmanship with their Engineers and Craftsmen being of the highest calibre. This dedication to Fit and Finish is clearly visible in the meticulous finish that characterises all of their work.
It is this combination of capacity and expertise which has enabled the company to sustain long-standing relationships with contractors and specialist property developers as well as offer a personal service to professional designers and their clients.
This is a long established family owned business who specialise in a very unique market. Their range of projects continues to excel in design and manufacturing within this market. Based in an idyllic countryside setting with offices and manufacturing facilities on one site, this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to take up a key post within this industry leading company.
Fully expensed travel within UK is required; however, this rarely exceeds more than one night per week.
Your Project Manager role
- Manage day to day project operations through effective delegation to the engineering team.
- Take ownership of simultaneous projects from award to handover, securing delivery in order to meet cost, time, quality, health and safety parameters and maintain a professional working relationship with clients.
- Accept new orders, programme and schedule all project works and manage delivery.
- Arrange for the transport of materials and labour to various sites and ensure appropriate levels of supervision on site.
- Manager the production of CAD drawings and subsequent building control approval of all designs.
- Liaise with architects, contractors, suppliers, and site managers whilst attending site meetings as required, ensuring the projects are progressing within agreed time lines.
- Identify potential or actual sources of design /construction problems to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure compliance throughout all projects with the relevant health and safety regulations, environmental policies and general duty of care. Prepare risk assessments and method statements for various projects as required.
- Ensure all raw materials and finished products comply with CE marking standards.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, actively contribute to the formulation and implementation of the short, medium and long term business strategies for the company. Along with corresponding KPIs that allow for meaningful audit of the business success.
- Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by the Managing Director.
What you need
- This role requires hands on approach as every project is unique to each client.
- You will need an expert eye for Design Integration and Bespoke Detail.
- Experience in a steel or timber manufacturing environment with a focus on planning and scheduling.
- Experience in managing engineering projects from commencement through to conclusion.
- Proven experience in leading, managing and motivating teams to achieve targets.
- Experience in reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience in the identification and formulation of business strategies for profitable growth.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and influencing skills.
- Proven strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Evidence in superior organisational, planning and time management abilities.
- Evidence of a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Evidence of innovative capability.
- Proven ability to prioritise multiple projects.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Site Experience.
- Applications are also welcome from more junior candidates who are looking to develop their career into a Project Management position. These applications will be assessed on an individual basis by the Managing Director.
Click on the link and please send your CV or contact James Francey at Grafton Specialist Recruitment on 02890 323333.
If this role is not what you are looking for, give our Specialist team a call for a quick and confidential chat to discuss your next career move.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.