Role: Project Manager - Civil Engineer
Location: Lisburn and travel throughout the UK as required
Grafton Construction is delighted to be working with a market leading company that specialises across a range of sectors. They have a requirement for a Project Manager from a Civil Engineering background to join their team based in Lisburn. The salary for this role will be negotiated on an individual basis.
A reliable exporter of superior quality aggregates and surfacing products to major UK and European based contractors, their Civil Engineering and Airfield expertise gains increased exposure within these markets.
They work with customers, clients and partners in a range of roles, consistently aiming to deliver for all parties.
In addition to being a financially solid and successful independent trading company, their parent company is one of Ireland's most successful and diverse Construction and Civil Engineering companies.
Provide Senior level Management, Supervision and Contracts Management expertise across a range of contracts including; TNI Term Highway Maintenance Works, Civil Engineering Framework Contracts or one off Civil Engineering Projects. Your objective will be to ensure all programme and commercial targets are achieved.
What you need
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years' experience of managing civil engineering highway and infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience and ability to constructively solve problems both short-term and long-term in a site environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current construction methodologies and specification, materials specifications and testing requirements; including Specification for Highway works, CE marking, Sector Schemes and relevant European Standards.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team, effectively managing workforce issues and developing a team environment.
- Experience of delivering projects or managing works on time within agreed schedules and within budget, managing material and financial resources.
- Driving Licence to enable the post holder to fulfil the duties of the role.
- Working knowledge on Conditions of Contract.
- Health, Safety & Environment- Committed to safe ways of working and aware of the importance of working safely to avoid risk to self and others. Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Customer focus- Commercially focused, providing an effective and efficient service, ability to manage and control costs within budgets, working to resolve contractual issues with customers in a timely and pro-active manner
- Teamwork- Strong team player, forming positive working relationships within the team and with all departments, willing to be flexible and adaptable.
- Experience of compiling and managing Contract Programmes as per Conditions of Contract.
- Continuous Improvement- A problem solver, wanting to continuously improve ways of working, ability to plan and manage a number of sites/projects simultaneously, ensuring internal and external customers' needs are met.
- Personal Development- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work on own initiative, able to manage and motivate a team, resolving employee issues in an effective way, able to make effective decisions.
- Honesty & Integrity- Committed to working ethically and honestly, supportive of colleagues.
- Passion for Excellence- Delivers high quality work, excellent communication and reporting skills, able to effectively communicate with a range of different stakeholders.
- Resilience - Copes well under pressure and can adapt to manage challenging situations.
- IT Skills - Familiar with Microsoft Packages and Auto Cad.
Please click on the link and send your CV or contact James Francey at Grafton Specialist Recruitment on 02890 323333.
If this role is not what you are looking for, give our Specialist team a call for a quick and confidential chat to discuss your next career move.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.