Project Manager / Estates Surveyor
Temporary position for 3 months (with the possibility of extension)
Main purpose of post
The post holder will assist the Line Manager in the design, management and completion of capital works projects and upgrading schemes, and the development and continuance of a planned preventative maintenance programme for all buildings and properties, including the supervision of work, but excluding supervision of operatives. The post holder will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of a properties register of all buildings and grounds, the provision of maps, plans, etc., as required and will assist in energy management evaluations and upgrades.
This is temporary position for 3 months (with the possibility of extension) based Downpatrick, Co.Down
- Undertake preparation of drawings and specifications for planning service and building control applications; and preparation of tender documents.
- Undertake feasibility studies of capital works projects and upgrading schemes, including where appropriate, scheme design proposals and production of working drawings, written reports, cost estimates, and budget control etc.
- Undertake the preparation of maps, lease maps and site layout plans.
- Assist with and the development of a planned preventative maintenance system for all council buildings and properties.
- Assist with and undertake measured, structural and condition surveys of Council buildings and properties and write condition reports when required. Assist with ensuring that Council buildings comply with statutory fire, planning, building regulations and insurance requirements affecting estate management.
- Work with other departments in a co-ordinated response to reactive and planned maintenance.
- Any other duties as directed by the Line Manager or their nominee.
- HNC/ D in Architectural or Building related studies or equivalent
- At least 2 years' relevant post qualification working Architectural/Buildingfield
- At least 1 years' experience in the use of Auto CAD including ADT
- Previous experience of writing reports
- Ability to interpret working drawings and specifications.
- Competent in the use of the range of Microsoft applications and email
- Able to work outside office hours - to attend meetings
- Able to work outdoors and over a wide range of terrain
- Have a current ordinary driving licence (Category B), plus access to a vehicle in order to fulfil the role
If you meet the above criteria and available for this temporary placement please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 18th October 2016 @ 2pm. CV's submitted after this time will no be accepted.