Our client a leading supplier of motor parts based in Dublin 12 is looking to recruit a Purchasing Officer/Manager
This is a new role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to mould and develop the position within the organisation. There is a high level of responsibility within the role.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager / Purchasing Officer to manage clients supply of products and services. Successful candidate must have proven working experience as purchasing manager or officer. Their responsibilities will include managing to find cost-effective deals with current suppliers and developing new suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing suppliers. They will be able to perform strategic purchasing activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. Role may not be limited just to supply of goods for resale and may, over time, extend to all purchasing requirements for the organisation.
Some travel may be expected and may involve staying away from home for short periods. The purpose will usually be to attend overseas trade shows or set up business agreements with new contacts.
Responsibilities will include
- Plan purchase order schedules.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies of goods for resale and equipment.
- Devise and develop a purchasing strategy.
- Keep a constant check on stock levels.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Control purchasing spend and build a culture of long-term saving on purchasing costs
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future stock availability.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal staff members.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided and agreed KPIs.
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
- Examine and test existing supplier contracts
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future business activities.
- Ensure suppliers are aware of our business objectives.
- Attend meetings and trade shows.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Proven working experience as a purchasing manager or purchasing officer.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement.
- Strong analytical skills. An excellent standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures
- Experience in collecting and analysing data.
- Excellent MS Office skills - particularly in Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- A flair for negotiation and networking.
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of meeting targets and deadlines.
- A confident and mature approach.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Excellent salary on offer
- Dublin 12 Location
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 5175040.