Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Manager/Officer for our client based in Dublin 12.
Our client a leading exhibitions company to recruit a Purchasing Officer/Manager
Duties will include
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our client existing and potential suppliers
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided:
- Process purchase orders to ensure timely availability and receipt of materials and supplies.
- Ensure all purchase orders are issued with a po number which includes agreed price.
- Work closely with accounts team to ensure all invoices have correct costings and resolve any discrepancies, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaise with workshop, studio and office staff to ensure that all goods are ordered from agreed suppliers at agreed prices
- Keep updated price lists from suppliers and update the company databases as required
- Ensure that all costs are within budget for each project
- Ensure timely deliveries as required for each project
- Keep a constant check on stock levels
- Deal directly with sub-contractors, agree hourly rates or price on job and issue job dockets with agreed cost
- Proven working experience as a purchasing manager or purchasing officer.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement.
- Strong analytical skills. An excellent standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures
- Experience in collecting and analysing data.
- Excellent MS Office skills - particularly in Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- A flair for negotiation and networking.
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of meeting targets and deadlines.
- Excellent salary on offer
- Dublin 12 Location
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.