QC Analyst - £28,000 - £35,000 - Co. Antrim (12 month maternity cover contract)
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to have been retained by a major pharmaceutical manufacturer to source an experienced QC Analyst to join their organisation on a fixed-term contract for a period of 12 months.
Reporting the QC Team Leader you will be responsible for testing starting materials, packing materials, in-process samples and commercial products to current regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the equipment they use for sampling and testing of starting materials, intermediates and finished products and for monitoring environmental conditions for GMP manufacture is calibrated and used according to approved procedure.
- Test starting materials, packing materials, in-process samples and finished products according to approved methods.
- Validate test methods according to approved protocols.
- Complete and endorse all quality records to demonstrate that all the required sampling and testing procedures were actually carried out.
- Assist in the investigation of any out-of-specification results and planned or unplanned deviations.
- Review data generated to ensure the continued accuracy of reported results and product compliance.
- Prepare and amend procedures to ensure compliance with the Quality System.
- Manage their time so as to accommodate the tasks allocated to them on a daily basis.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or closely related subject.
- Practical experience working in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of use of analytical equipment.
- Demonstrable IT Skills e.g. Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to maintain high standards of work and attention to detail
- Practical experience working in a cGMP laboratory environment in the pharmaceutical industry
- Practical knowledge of at least two of the following techniques:
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Ultra Violet (UV) Spectroscopy
- Infra Red Spectroscopy
- Atomic Absorption
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333, or submit your CV via the link.