- To account, if competent, and or assist in the accounting of Measured Term Contracts and Day works Term Contract orders. Valuation of completed works: the processing and valuation of works measured on site and of small value works for which the measurements have been recorded by the operative. Depending on the contract this may require familiarity with existing software packages or the creation of bespoke measurement tools to aid in the presentation of accounts and speed of compilation.
- Various administrative duties and maintenance of financial and order progress logs: this duty will vary according to the contract as some contracts may have an administrative member of staff assigned to record order receipt and progress
- Provide assistance to agree submitted accounts with the clients' QS/representatives to enable certification for invoicing/billing purposes, to raise and record details of invoices issued to the client.
- Assist with and/or sole site measurement of completed works or for estimate purposes. Any other reasonable duties requested by management.
- Update and maintain records within Nav System (Training will be provided)
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies: Standards and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with the Company's Integrated Management System (IMS system) - ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001: 2004, OHSAS 18001:2007
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety and environmental regulations
- Any reasonable duties deemed necessary by Management
- Five GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent
- Numeracy competent - at least grade B GCSE maths or equivalent
The position requires the successful applicant to have
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, clients; suppliers and others at all levels
- Be a good negotiator and enjoy dealing with people, whether by phone or in person.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking
- High business, planning and organisation skills, able to use initiative and to work on your own as well as being a team player in a pressurised environment.
- Keen attention to detail
- Being positive and progressive attitude
- Computer literate with excellent I.T skills
- Be smartly presented as the position is client facing
- Willing to undertake all necessary training
- Previous experience working in the Mechanical & Electrical contractor's industry
- Educated to A level, ideally qualified to Degree level.
- Be able to drive and have use of a car
Additional information :
- Working hours - 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch) occasional reasonable overtime may be required from time to time.
- No documentation should be removed from the office without permission.
All computerised documentation MUST be saved on the Company SHARE Drive set up under your own name
IF YOU MATCH THE CRITERIA, PLEASE CLICK APPLY