Quality Assurance & Environmental Technician
Location: County Antrim
Salary - £23,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
Grafton Specialist Engineering recruitment has been retained exclusively to recruit a Senior Quality Assurance & Environmental Technician for a remarkable manufacturing business based in County Antrim.
The successful candidate will have direct responsibility within the Quality, Environmental & Health & Safety divisions of the business.
To support the Quality and Environment Department with operation of ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and FEMAS (HACCP) systems. Ensuring completion of all management system requirements and compliance with current Environmental and Health & Safety legislation. To assist in allocation of QA duties to cover day-to-day duties, and to support and assist QA & Production staff as needed.
- Write, review, update and implement quality, environment and safety procedures in accordance with current best practice.
- Complete internal audits and follow up necessary corrective actions.
- Provide reports to the Quality Manager on KPI and performance.
- Deputise in the absence of QA Manager
- Support the day-to-day running of the department and represent QA on NPI and other projects as required.
- Actively promote safe working practice and innovation.
- Liaise with other departments, follow up on corrective actions and production issues.
- Support the Company Management Systems, fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Develop testing regimes as required, and carry out investigation into Customer Complaints
- Monitor testing of manufactured products to determine performance and properties and investigate deviation from the norm.
- Liaise closely with other internal departments, including Production and R & D, to ensure that the integrity of finished products is maintained, and that Safety and Environmental best practice are maintained
- Investigate and report on non-conformances, and complete analysis of customer complaints which includes report writing and corrective actions.
- Monitor analytical results and report and investigate any change or trend.
- Maintain legible, accurate and up to date records, in accordance with Company standards.
- Assist QA Manager in ensuring regulatory testing and monitoring is carried out in compliance with legislation and standards.
- Lifting loads of up to 25kg on a regular basis throughout the day
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ensure good relations and communications will all members of the team and providing excellent customer care in an efficient manner
- Undertake Special Projects
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development.
- Adhere to the Company's confidentiality rules and procedures at all times
- A third level qualification in science, or related subject
- 3 years' experience in a quality, environmental or safety role
- Experience of working in accordance with standards and compliance.
- Ability to lift loads (up to 25kg) on a regular basis throughout the day
- Hons Degree Grade 2:2 or above or an equivalent qualification in a science related discipline, preferably chemistry.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 3)
- More than 1 years' experience in an ISO/OHSAS certified environment. Preferably within the manufacturing environment
- Related industry or laboratory experience.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary of between 23-26k per annum plus benefits.
To discuss confidentially or for more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333