Location: County Tyrone
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience plus benefits package
Grafton recruitment has been retained to recruit a Quality Engineer for a specialist manufacturing firm based in County Tyrone. The firm specialise in rubber and plastics based materials for the crushing/screening and conveyor system industries.
Reporting to: Production Manager
To further develop, implement and maintain a quality management system across all areas of production, including goods in and dispatch, setting an overall standard of 'right first time', with productivity gains and process improvements.
The key tasks for the Quality Engineer will include:
- Establish, implement and review quality standards and procedures to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure effective and efficient production processes with the implementation of revised methods to make gains in productivity.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective action as a proactive approach to continual improvement.
- Undertake quality inspections to identify weaknesses in any part of the production process and develop means to achieve the objective of 'first time right'.
- Improve and maintain data accuracy, quality information for product marking and dispatch.
- Address non-conformances to ensure suitable, timely and acceptable resolutions.
- Work in conjunction with other managers and supervisors to plan, formulate and agree quality actions and standards.
- Respond to customer inquiries on quality issues and liaise with customers to ensure effective remedial action and compliance with their specifications.
- Resolve supplier failures and investigate supplier quality of production components regarding appropriate packaging, stacked correctly, identified as specified etc.
- Set up and maintain quality controls and documentation such as quality manuals and quality procedures.
- Motivate employees to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods, standards and procedures.
- Develop work instructions for all work processes and deliver training on same with area supervisors, to ensure all employees are competent in necessary skills and knowledge, with adequate records maintained.
- Active involvement in all aspects of product modification and development.
- Develop and administer ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Establish and complete clear and easily applied quality audit and inspection methods to demonstrate standards and improvements achieved.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Management Team.
- Degree educated in an engineering/scientific discipline or 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Quality Planning, Control and Improvement including working to audited ISO quality standards.
- Certified Quality Engineer or certification from a Quality Management Institute or Society.
- Experience in the quarrying/screening industry
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333