Quality Engineer - £25,000 - £28,000
Grafton Specialist is currently working in partnership with one of Northern Ireland's best known manufacturing organisations in their search for a new Quality Engineer. This is an exciting new role as a result of continued success and recent business wins for the client.
Reporting to the Quality Manager your primary responsibilities will include:
* Support Quality Department to ensure continued registration to ISO9001:2000 / AS9100, including performing audits.
* Creation, implementation and review of: Quality Standards, Quality Plans, Inspection Instructions, Process Routes and Calibration instructions.
* Support a Goods Inwards inspection and continue development of the supplier monitoring system to ensure quality of the product received.
* Coordinate supplier related rejections including disposition and follow-up - coordinate weekly MRB meetings.
* Perform monthly Vendor Rating of key suppliers against set performance criteria ensuring improved supplier performance.
* Creation of process flow diagrams / quality plans for new products including developing programs for new product, patrol, in-process and final release inspection routines.
* Maintain existing first article inspection reporting for major customers.
* Maintain a system for controlling and tracking concession requests and problem reports to customers.
* Organise disposition of rejected product and collate information for reporting and MRB purposes.
* Development and implementation of a Statistical Process Control Program and monitoring of results for trends and improvement activities.
* Development and implementation of a process Failure Mode Effects Analysis program to identify and eliminate potential failure modes.
* Conduct process and product investigations.
* Support weekly Quality meetings that review Quality Statistics and establish the necessary corrective and prevent actions to prevent recurrence.
* Produce monthly reject and scrap analysis report and ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
* Maintenance and review of the Calibration System.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Quality role.
* Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics experience
* Third Level education in an Engineering Discipline is desirable
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.