Quality Technician - Shift
Location: County Antrim
Salary: £22-24k plus excellent benefits package
Grafton recruitment has been retained to recruit a Quality Technician for a leading manufacturing firm based in County Armagh. The company is recognised globally for their expertise in a highly technical area. They are also widely known as an exceptional local employer.
Reporting to: Quality Team Leader
Testing and release of components and products, working positively with on-site groups to resolve quality issues, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
The key tasks for the Quality Technician will include:
- Inspection of Raw Materials - Polyethylene resins (Melt Flow Rate, Oxygen Induction, Density)
- Batch Release Testing of Product (Impact, Crush, Tensile, Friction, Pressure Testing)
- Dimensional Inspection using Pi Tapes, Verniers, Micrometers, Depth Gauges
- Visual Inspection using Microscopes.
- Non Conforming Materials control including disposition of product which is quarantined or on hold.
- Additional Product Type Approval Testing
- Calibration of Measuring Equipment
- Technical awareness and development of Product
- Use of Syspro Planning System, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Recording of Product Conformity Data onto spreadsheets and Databases
- 3 years experience within a Quality Function of a manufacturing organisation
- Education to A-Level/BTEC/NVQ/HNC standard
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office
- Be capable/willing to operate various semi automatic saws/cutting equipment
- Possess a science or engineering degree or have 5 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing industry
- Willingness to be "hands on" and knowledge of the extrusion process would be an advantage.
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333