Title: Refuse Loader
Hours: 37 per week
Duration: 3 weeks (with possible extension)
Hourly Rate: £8.70 per hour
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
Working within the Environmental Cleansing Service (Refuse Collection) the postholder will be required to provide, in a safe and effective manner, a quality and effective refuse collection service including all recycling collection activities, in all weather conditions.
Normally working in a squad environment, the postholder shall be expected to interact with and deal with the public in a courteous and appropriate manner and shall be assigned to Environmental Cleansing (Refuse Collection) duties, throughout the Council District, as per letter of offer.
- Category C driving Licence - Desirable Criteria
- At least 2 years previous experience of outdoor labouring duties - Essential Criteria
- 6 months experience of working within refuse/cleaning section - Essential Criteria
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in relation to: Manual handling, working with mechanical equipment while in the presence of members of the public and traffic - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work on own initiative and working as part of a team - Essential Criteria
- Ability to maintain work written records - Essential Criteria
- Good communication skills - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work overtime (including evenings, weekends and public holidays as required) - Essential Criteria
- Access to a mode of transport that enables the postholder to cover other bases - Essential Criteria
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for immediate start for the duration of this placement, please submit your cv to email@example.com by Monday 15th May 2017 @ 4pm. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.