Regulation Secretary required on a temporary basis of 9 months for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast
Role: Regulation Secretary
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 7.5 hours per day Monday - Friday, between 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Screening telephone calls, email enquiries and member enquiries made in person in the office
- Updating the database with information relevant to new members, leaving members and members returning to practice
- Processing incoming & outgoing mail
- Contributing to the design of annual company Certificate schedule
- Taking responsibility for inviting applications
- Taking receipt and processing of applications
- Assist in verification of data provided in areas of data protection and CPD
- Maintaining an up to date company database
- Contributing to the design of application schedule
- Taking responsibility for inviting applications for exemption
- Taking receipt and processing of applications for exemption
- Contributing to the drafting of the agendas for meetings for the committee
- Collating and distributing all necessary paperwork for the Committee
- Minuting the meetings
- Liaising with the Chair Committee to sign off reports
- Issuing Certificates when applicable
- With direction from the Education and Training Officer prepare and distribute the papers for meetings of the CPD Committee
- Follow through on relevant action points from Committee business
- Maintain an up to date register of CPD events available for member consultation
- With direction, prepare and distribute the papers for applicable courses
- Follow through on relevant action points from Board business
- Provide back up secretarial support taking dictation and minutes at Council meetings or assist with the preparation of Executive council papers if required.
- Under the direction of the Council Office Supervisor provide support as required to the Chief Executive, Senior Management Team and also, from time to time, to the other Committees.
- From time to time, and as needs require, assist with the general work flow of the Council Office as directed/requested by the Council Office Supervisor in order to ensure the smooth operation of Council Office and deal efficiently with priorities and urgent business as situations arise.
- Educated to at least A-Level standard or equivalent
- GCSEs at C grade or above or equivalent in Maths and English
- RSA Stage II or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years Administration/Clerical/Secretarial experience gained within the last 5 years.
- Experience of minute taking at high level complex meetings.
- Demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Office package, especially in Word and Excel
- Minimum of 60 wpm typing ability
- Demonstrable experience of working with processes and systems in a professional secretarial environment
- Experience of critically assessing established processes and systems and being proactive in implementing change.
- Experience in working to strict and conflicting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Experience in written and oral communication with senior professionals.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to be flexible and reorganise planned activities to meet unexpected demands when providing front line services.
- Hold an awareness of current professional developments and actively participate in professional development.
- Ability to develop professional relationships.
- Be exceptionally well organised to provide superior support in a busy office environment.
- Preparedness to work flexibly to plan peak activity and to support out-of-hours meetings when required.
- To understand the requirements of confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrable excellence in systems and organisation
- Demonstrable tact and diplomacy
- Ability to cope well in tight time frames and an often pressurised environment
- Experience of working in the office environment of a professional regulatory body.
- A formal secretarial/office administrator qualification
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and Kathy will be in touch to provide you with an application form if you are shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 7th November.