Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Research and Insights Officer to start ASAP for an ongoing period.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.50 p/h
13+ week's £17.21 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week
A degree in a relevant subject
- The ability to build relationships with senior staff internally and to engage with stakeholders externally.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take the lead where necessary.
- Excellent IT/Computer Literacy skills; computer literate on all main packages, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge and Experience
- Evidence of having taken responsibility for a major research project and/ or evidence of successfully managing multiple and concurrent research projects
- A minimum of three year's recent experience of having conducted research studies which must include the application of appropriate research methodologies and techniques.Experience of use of IT, including preparation of statistical analysis, tables and reports.
- Experience in implementing data analysis techniques and practical knowledge of data analysis software including but not limited to SPSS, CAQDAS and XLSTAT.Duties
- To manage, co-ordinate, commission and conduct a programme of specific corporate research and statistical intelligence activities and analyse research and performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement. To develop evidence based decisions and oversee a programme of policy development.
- To manage the development, interpretation and dissemination of corporate research programmes across the business, through close engagement with the external environment and through effective links with internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
- To act as the key point of contact for staff and external stakeholders in relation to corporate research related queries.
- To co-ordinate and contribute to the development of an annual programme of corporate research and intelligence.
- To develop a process to collate and analyse current academic and market trends and make recommendations which will influence the policy and strategy of the business.
- To provide professional advice on data sets, data collection, statistics, analysis, data presentation, data protection and data sharing.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Clearance at the cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Tuesday 6th June at 12 Noon.