Sales and Marketing Director
Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Sales and Marketing Director. You will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Sales & Marketing Department both proactive and reactive and to maximise on Sales and yield to ensure resort revenue is maximised across all areas of the resort. This position will oversee the development and implementation of departmental strategies and will ensure implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
* To maximise revenue for the resort through carrying out proactive and reactive sales to potential clients world wide.
* Build resort as a leading Wedding and conference venue and to achieve exceed the resorts budgeted figures.
* Develop online tactical campaigns and TPI programme.
* Build relationships with account managers for Corporate, Leisure and Conference Business.
* Plan and organise away sales trips to promote the resort.
* Ensure all guest queries are handled promptly and efficiently and to ensure an initial response is given within 4 hours of the enquiry.
* Organise and manage the sales department.
* Plan and organise weekly sales and monthly call to both new and existing clients.
* Plan and implement a sales and marketing plan for the resort.
* Achieve Rooms and conference Sales Budget for the resort.
* Set targets for the sales teams in terms of sales calls / visits and revenue.
* Strategically target all market segments for business.
* Allocate sales territories to the sales team to ensure existing business is maintained and new business is developed.
* Plan and agree an advertising budget in conjunction with the management company.
* Co-ordinate the production of hotel publication and distribution.
* Plan and organise sales promotions
* Plan and organise mail shots
* Plan and organise trips, club events, site inspections, corporate golf day etc.
* Ensure all administration work is complete, follow up calls, research calls, rate contracts etc. by the sales team.
* Communicate all negotiated rates to reservations, front office and accounts.
* Represent company at consumer fairs, trade exhibitions, seminars etc.
* Be fully aware of competitors and their rates.
* Market the resort both within Ireland and abroad.
* Identify any P.R opportunities.
* Be on the Destination Committee and to help in its successful running.
* Extensive experience as Director of Sales and Marketing within a luxury hotel property which is well recognized for excellence, innovation and high standards
* Proven ability to manage, lead and direct a successful team to achieve financial objectives
* The ability to identify new markets and future business trends to generate revenue in both high and low demand periods
* Ability to set goals, measure and drive performance
* Have proven analytical skills
* Have excellent time management
* Be a confident public speaker and communicator
* Extensive experience with both Golf and Spa resort based sales strategies and account handling
* Experience of regional, national and international networking and conversion of sales leads across various market segments
* Budgeting and business planning experience
* Experience with sales systems and office infrastructure
* Excellent organizational and presentation skills
* Highly motivated and highly motivating
* Excellent personality and high standards of customer care and process management
* Determination to drive results and pursue excellence