Sales and Marketing Manager
Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Sales and Marketing Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join a forward thinking, dynamic company. You will be responsible for maximising the sales potential and achieving sales budgets of hotel.
* Plan and direct day to day operation of the sales & marketing function to ensure maximum revenue & profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
* Plan & implement annual marketing expenditure focussing on overall business
* Executive quarterly activity sales and marketing plans to create focus for the team and adapt activity to support business needs.
* Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, tele calls, sales calls, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections and client entertainment. Client entertaining/site inspections may require evening & weekend hours. A weekly target of tele-calls and sales calls to be completed.
* Develop and nurture relationships with key corporate & conference clients.
* Report weekly & monthly on account performance and general activity to General Manager and Central Office.
* Weekly & Monthly monitoring of GDS business and completion of all relevant RFP's.
* Input to hotel pricing strategy and forecasting with General Manager and Revenue Manager.
* Manage hotel advertising & promotional campaigns to drive sales for rooms, meeting rooms, events, food and beverage outlets.
* Produce hotel printed promotional material including brochures, flyers, special offers, posters, tent cards etc. as required, always following brand guidelines.
* To regularly review and update brand website content and imagery.
* Drive online marketing of brand website focussing on SEO & PPC with web supplier.
* Analysis of monthly website reports with GM & RM.
* Management of social media channels; To develop a social media profile and achieve targets on followers and confirmed business.
* To work on developing a calendar of interesting and creative e-newsletters for the hotel that will generate new business for specific areas of the hotel.
* To review Google analytic reports with General Manager & Revenue Manager.
* Maintain an up to date client database for e-marketing purposes.
* To protect and promote the image of hotel brands at all times, both in print and verbally.
* Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis, monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.
* To be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions.
* Experience in a sales and marketing role preferably in the hospitality, leisure or tourism industry
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
* Customer focused approach with ability to show initiative
* Determination to succeed
* Commercial awareness