My client in the Carrickfergus area are looking to recruit a Sales Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Drive, develop and increase sales within the Store. Provide an enhanced customer experience by recognising customer needs, sell products and assist with the completion of company objectives and to maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability. Proactive use of the 'War Book,' on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximise share of wallet.
- Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs in order to increase sales, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels and sales targets.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Undertake opening and closing of the store, and provide cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
- Unload/load and check all incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy. Report any stock shortages or damaged stock to the Store Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity to ensure accurate stock levels are maintained within the Centre.
- Input stock delivered onto the Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system in order to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorisation procedures correctly to ensure accurate records and adherence to company policy.
- Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised to maintain a high level of customer service whilst increasing sales.
- Undertake, when required, an efficient delivery service, ensuring customer is aware of the latest offers and promotions available to them.
- Undertake stock take duties as directed by the Store Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
- Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by your Store Operations Manager.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years Customer Service experience
- 5 GCSE's Grade C+ including Maths and English
- Direct Sales experience
- Good Understanding of EPOS and IT systems
- Good Communication skills