Grafton are recruiting for a Sales Director for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. You will be responsible for the performance of all commercial sales activities, overseeing revenue generation functions within the different parts of the business, including Visitor Attraction, Retail & Merchandising, Event/Venue Sales, Commercial partnerships, Catering Revenue.
* Developing and implementing the 3 year commercial sales strategy for the business.
* Head of the Commercial Sales Department with direct line responsibility for Business Sales & Events Manager, Retail & Merchandising Manager, Leisure Sales Executive, Groups Team.
* Part of the Directorate Team.
* Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue, visitor numbers and conference and banqueting market share.
* Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience across all of our markets to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
* Working closely with the Business Sales & Events Manager to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
* Monitoring and reviewing performance of existing products, services and markets.
* Undertaking market research and analysis to inform the business planning process (including all forecasted revenue and visitor numbers for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised.
* Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
* Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company's profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
* Maintaining an awareness of external factors which impact the business.
* Collating and analysing data pertaining to all commercial activities.
* Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on targets, budget, cost, volume and are in line with business objectives.
* Responsible for recruiting and developing new business relationships, sponsors and partnerships, in line with annualised income generation targets.
* Maximise admissions revenue against set targets.
* Work with internal and external key stakeholders and the marketing team to ensure that the marketing campaigns and promotions maximise visitor footfall, events, sales etc.
* Work with key stakeholders and the marketing team to get the right product and communications mix including outbound marketing (PR, website, adverts, leaflets, sponsorships) and inbound (SEO, social media, content).
* In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Manager to evaluate and monitor all marketing campaigns against sales reports.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create, develop and implement ideas, events and initiatives to drive revenue growth.
* Deputise for the Director of Operations in regards to chairing the Senior Executive Team meetings.
* Conduct staff performance review meetings and identify training needs
* Maintain the company time and attendance system for your department.
* Monitor Sales Performance against targets, and prepare associated reports.
* Any other duties as delegated by the CEO or any other person designated in their absence.
* 3rd level qualification in a business related discipline
* 10 years commercial sales or general business management experience with a proven track record in :
o Business development and Partnership/Sponsorship generation.
o Experience of Business planning, setting financial targets and managing budgets.
o Experience of working in a multi-disciplined commercial customer facing business environment.
* Understanding and Applying Change Management principles
* Highly numerate / strong analytical skills
* Ability to lead a team in a highly pressurised environment
* Team player
* Commercial outlook and passion for driving growth
* Ability to work across teams providing guidance and direction in regards to all areas of commercial activity and income generation
* Highly motivated
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to prioritise workload and manage deadlines
* Project Management skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal capabilities
* Strong IT skills
* Experience of working within a visitor attraction or similar venue
* Experience of working with Tourism Agencies
* Knowledge of the Northern Ireland hospitality, Exhibition and leisure and tourism sectors