Grafton are recruiting on behalf of our client a successful and innovative manufacturer for a Sales Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and further your career with a market leader. You will support Sales Manager to achieve departmental goals.
* Understand company goals and sales objectives, and support Account Manager(s) to achieve the sales objectives.
* Understand all processes of trading, including manufacturing, transportation and accounting to provide best service.
* Co-ordinate and track all RFQ activities from receipt up to the submission on time.
* Liaise with relevant departments responsible for costing.
* Liaise with customer for information and/or technical clarification.
* Keep a record of all RFQ Documentation (i.e. final quotation, tooling and investment information for future reference and record/develop information database).
* Continuous improvement of the RFQ process.
* Collect and analyse information from Customers, Competitors and Market and regularly update departments.
* Support marketing activities to develop new business.
* Participate with team working, information sharing and Continuous Improvement Programmes.
* Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
* Comply and ensure compliance with the Company Environmental Policy and requirements of the Environmental Management System both in normal and emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Educated to Engineering HNC/ HND/Degree level
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* Sociable, team focused with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team
* Excellent analytical, prioritizing and reporting skills
* Very good written and verbal communication
* Diplomatic and persuasive
* Ability to network with and influence people both internally and externally in order to achieve a pre-defined outcome
* Understand and apply commercial and financial principles to improve performance
* Proven track record of delivering creative solutions to overcome obstacles and enhance profitability
* Flexibility to travel if required
* Mechanical Engineering Background
* Previous experience in dealing directly with the customer
* Knowledge of French/German/ Spanish language