Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Sales Executive. You will be responsible for maximising revenue opportunities in the areas of conferences and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions. You will interact frequently with guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business.
* Proactively identify, target and sell to new clients across all markets with focus on (but not exclusively) the conferencing and events segment.
* Account development through sales function, both cross selling and upselling.
* Liaise with Sales and Revenue Managers to target all corporate accounts for account penetration.
* Setting up and organising sales appointments and client visits.
* Act as a host to all existing, new or potential clients, identify and action any potential sales leads & facilitate the showcasing of the hotel and apartments.
* Supporting Assistant C&E Sales Executive with management of the booking process.
* To support Assistant C&E sales Executive with selling weddings and completing wedding show rounds of the hotel. To be flexible for wedding/events clients to provide support and advice through booking process.
* Supporting Assistant C&E Sales Executive with ensuring that all wedding/events are well run to the satisfaction of clients.
* Supporting Assistant C&E Sales Executive with all billing from wedding/events department.
* Supporting Assistant C&E Sales Executive with all credit control of wedding/events customers & account management.
* Supporting Assistant C&E Sales Executive with clients pre and post event to agree details and gain feedback.
* Organise and host potential "VIP" client nights.
* Assist Sales manager with development and delivery of the hotels budget plan and marketing activities.
* Develop creative ideas for innovative and engaging promotions and events and provide financial evaluation of same.
* Proactive in creating & implementing ideas to ensure hotel is one of the top wedding and events hotels.
* To proactively benchmarking competitors and best practice across the wider industry and develop the hotel in line with or ahead of competitor activities.
* Ensure guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return.
* Anticipate guests' needs and provide service to exceed their expectations.
* Any other duties role may involve.
* 2 years experience within a similar role in the Hospitality Industry
* Proven track record of the ability to achieve sales targets
* Be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
* Sound knowledge of the hospitality industry and competitors
* Ability to adapt and stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
* Ability to be innovative and creative in generating ideas for a quick response.
* Confident and can influence at all levels.
* Excellent presentation skills that inspire the audience.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Strong organisational and planning skills.
* Flexible and proactive approach to workload.
* Previous experience of V1 property management system and Revinate (social media and guest review tool)