Sand Production Manager
County Fermanagh and County Tyrone
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
In this role you will be tasked with the management of the workforce and the planning, coordination and control of this manufacturing process.
- Management and direction of overall workforce and liaison with Production Supervisors.
- Develop and implement training initiatives for a multi skilled workforce.
- Develop, lead and manage the manufacturing function to ensure that specific KPI's are achieved or excelled.
- Oversee production process and develop weekly/monthly production schedule(s) across different shift patterns.
- Overseeing production, identifying problems and organising the necessary action to resolve.
- Create and deliver the manufacturing plan to budget.
- Produce timely reports to reflect activity and forecast levels of productivity.
- Management of stock and raw materials.
- Assess the ongoing performance of the rooftile factory location, striving for continuous improvement.
- Introduce and further develop the manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Contribute to the rolling strategic plan for manufacturing and ensure that it is implemented as agreed.
- Meet financial information deadlines.
- Maintain an effective and efficient 24 / 7 production capability of skilled workforce and machinery.
- Uphold the Northstone Health and Safety standard.
- Undertake other managerial tasks/ projects as when required for the Company, to the time frame agreed.
- Preferably educated to degree level, in a Business or Engineering discipline.
- Proven track record delivering results within a large production facility.
- Strong understanding of production best practice e.g. Six Sigma, TQM (Total Quality Management) and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- Strong leadership skills with excellent people management skills with a track record influencing others and driving change.
- Proactive self-starter with the proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT competence with previous experience using MS Office applications.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed communication and evaluation abilities.
- Good commercial acumen with experience delivering profit improvements in a highly competitive environments.
- Technical problem solving ability, with the ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Administrative skills and attention to detail.
Contact Glenda Reddington for more info on 02890 323333.