Our Client a Grammar School in Omagh are looking to recruit a Science Technician for a temporary contract.
- liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans;
- running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments;
- preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to microscopes;
- ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored;
- cataloguing recordings and making them available when requested
- managing the stock control of chemicals and equipment;
- ensuring that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
- coordinating work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of equipment.
- Must have a science qualification and have previously worked in a science environment
8.45am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
£8.10 per hour