Our Client, A large Public Sector organisation require a temporary Scientific Officer to start ASAP for duration of 2 months
Role: Scientific Officer (Microbiology)
Duration: 2 months
Pay rate: £12.07p/h
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager to forecast the use of resources.
- Identify resource requirements, and make recommendations to the Laboratory Manager.
- Recommend levels of maintenance for equipment used.
Customer Relationship Management
- Deal with internal and external customers and address their concerns.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance confidence in the data produced by the client's Laboratories.
- Communicate with suppliers.
- Carry out analysis within the agreed turnaround time to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Carry out analysis to the required quality standards to ensure ISO 17025 requirements are met.
- Ensure all results are recorded and transcribed accurately onto LIMS
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks.
- A third level qualification in Microbiology.
- At least 6 months practical experience working in a microbiology laboratory.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in chemistry.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
If interested please upload your CV to the link and a member of the team will be in touch if shortlisted.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to complete a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26.00
The deadline for this position is Thursday 21st September