Our client, a large Public Sector organisation, are currently seeking a Pig Systems Research Scientist - Higher Scientific Officer who is available immediately.
Role: Temporary Pig Systems Research Scientist - Higher Scientific Officer
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 9-5
Duration: 3 months
The post holder will report to the Research Project Leader. The appointee will have a central role in the pig systems research team. The appointee will be expected to oversee the completion of multiple work streams in parallel within the areas of pig nutrition, diet digestibility, pig production and environmental emissions. They will be expected to both design protocols, statically analyse and interpret data and publish technical reports as well as peer review papers. They will also be expected to discuss the results with funders and support the project leader in proposal applications.
The main duties of the post will be:
- Delivery of Research Programme:
- To undertake data interpretation, the publication of results and report writing
- To manage staff and resources
- To undertake continuous professional development
- This list is not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to carry out other duties as allocated by management.
- A degree (at least 2:1) in a scientific discipline related to agriculture, animal science, biological science or related natural science discipline.
- Experience in research in a scientific discipline related to agriculture, animal science, biological science or related natural science discipline.
- An understanding of the requirements to complete pig nutrition and production research
- Experience with experimentation techniques relating to livestock production, animal science or a related subject.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Nixon will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Monday 11th September at 12pm