Seasonal Car Park Attendant required in Slieve Gullion Forest Adventure Park. Casual temporary contract to September 2016.
The post holder will be expected to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the client. Duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the purpose of the job or level of responsibility.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
The postholder will be responsible for directing drivers to free spaces and overseeing general safety of the car park at Slieve Gullion Forest Adventure Park.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Car Park Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle parking plan is followed correctly, and directing visitors to parking areas.
- Ensure pathways are kept clear as appropriate in line with car park plan, of which includes controlling the use of the disabled parking bay to ensure only authorised permit holders use them.
- Ensure entrance and exit gates and areas are kept free at all times to allow access to emergency vehicles if required.
- Controlling traffic within the car park to maintain traffic flow.
- Patrolling the car park area and enforce Council bye-laws and ensure good order is maintained at all times.
- Provide assistance in a courteous manner to visitors and provide information on general issues i.e. where the facilities are, to ensure visitors gain the most from their visit.
- Checking safety of the car park and identifying any remedial actions required, report any issues to Park Warden and appropriate staff as required.
- Carry out other duties as may be required from time to time that contribute to the achievement and function of this post, e.g. salting at centre, litter picking / cleansing duties at the centre etc.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Park Warden or other designated supervisor.
- Carry out duties for all jobs up to and including those in the grade / scale set for this post provided such duties are deemed to be within the area of work.
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as amended); Acts of Parliament; Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements; Complete all documentation associated with the duties of the post.
- Participate in staff training and development activities to ensure that knowledge, skills and competence required to fulfil the role in full are up to date.
- Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and promote the positive reputation of the client
- Undertake all aspects of work respecting confidentiality.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service.
- Contribute to Corporate, Departmental and Regional working groups as required.
The list of duties / responsibilities must not be considered comprehensive nor exhaustive. They are simply a summary of the main duties / responsibilities that the post holder will be required to undertake. No Job Description can cover every issue that may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this Job Description
- At least 6 months' previous working experience dealing with the public in a customer facing role - essential criteria
- Previous experience working as a member of a Team - essential criteria
- months experience of cash handling and keeping associated records - essential criteria
- At least 6 months' previous working experience carrying out patrol and enforcement duties - desirable criteria
- Experience of Car Park Attendant duties - desirable criteria
- Good literacy skills - essential criteria
- Good understanding of health and safety practice relevant to the post - essential criteria
- Good understanding of the role of a car park attendant - essential criteria
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised - essential criteria
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions - essential criteria
If you meet all od the above criteria and available for this casual, as and when required position please submit your cv to email@example.com by Friday 27th May @ 12 noon. CV's submitted after this time will not be considered.