Senior Buyer - Co. Down
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking applications from experienced Buyers on behalf of our client, an internationally renowned FMCG organisation. This is a permanent position based from their state of the art facility in Co. Down.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for operational procurement activities including securing availability of raw materials, packaging material and ingredients for production. You will update product availability plans in collaboration with internal and external suppliers and provide updates to customer service and sales on expected supply. Additionally, you will also manage performance and logistics of supply base.
* Procurement of raw materials used by the plant.
* Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
* Analyse market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepare reports for senior management.
* Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
* Design, development and implementation of SOP's for procurement.
* Proactive planning of demand and supply.
* Ensure adherence to corporate contracts and provide input to suppler improvement programs.
* Work with Quality Control to refine quality and HACCP programs with all key processors.
* Maintain historical sales volumes and provide input to sales forecasting and with suppliers to secure supply.
* Follow company GMP's (Good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs. .
* Minimum of 3 years experience gained within a purchasing/production planning role.
* Experience of using ERP systems.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proficient with MS Word Excel.
* CIPS certification.
* Experience within a BRC controlled environment.
* Experience of managing a tier 2 supplier.
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.