Our client, a global manufacturer of Crushing, Screening, Washing and Environmental equipment require a Senior Design Engineer for a permanent role based at their site in Co Tyrone.
Working within the dedicated engineering team, the Senior Design Engineer will be developing and supporting new products within the recycling and biomasss industry.
- Provide engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to Washing Products.
- Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- Drive standardization of components and sub-assemblies within screening products
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering, ideally with design experience in the mobile crushing or screening industry or heavy equipment design.
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, ideally Pro-Engineer and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Good technical knowledge of mechanical electrical and hydraulic systems
- A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- A strong motivator with excellent communication skills, you will be fully conversant on modern design practices and "Lean" manufacturing techniques.
- Someone who cultivates a team spirit with the respect of others' ideas and requirements
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thurs 8am - 5.30pm, Fri 8am - 2.30pm
- Competitive Salary
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.