Senior Engineer - Interconnections
Salary: 48,000 to 50,000 Euro
Grafton Engineering recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Engineer for a leading Irish Energy and Utilities firm based in Dublin. This is a 2 year fixed term contract initially, based on a grid development project.
The company is nationally recognised and is committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
The role holder will work in the interconnection project team. The company is fulfilling its legal requirements to explore and develop opportunities for further interconnection. The firm has completed the feasibility stage of the project and the next phase of the project relates to 'Initial Design and Pre-Consultation'. This phase includes the completion of further technical studies, transmission system studies, environmental studies, preparation (but not submission) of applications for requisite consents, both planning and stakeholder, including pre-consultation activities and assessment of the benefits of minor route re-engineering.
- Responsible for project management activities (budget , schedule, risk and issues) and delivering completed work cost effectively and to required timelines.
- Managing a suite of technical, public planning and environmental studies
- Managing the work of contractors and consultants in order to meet business requirements particularly in terms of progress and programme.
- Monitoring of contractors and consultants to ensure proper procedures are being followed and that the work is being delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for internal and external stakeholder management activities associated with the project.
- Ensuring a positive approach is maintained when dealing with internal and external stakeholders (including senior management, project boards, steering committees, regulatory authorities, governmental departments and our project partners).
- Presenting as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Production of management reports as required on a regular basis to line management, project boards, steering committees and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 4 years relevant post qualification experience
- Technical project management experience
- Good project management skills with the ability to lead and take responsibility for capital projects
- Understanding of the Irish planning requirements for public capital projects, the Strategic Infrastructure Act 2006, the Planning & Development Act 2000 and environmental law, including Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Basic understanding of the French language
- Appreciation of HVAC and HVDC transmission technology
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick McDade on 02890323333