Senior HR Advisor - Maternity Cover
My client, a leading food manufacturing organisation based in County Tyrone, are currently recruiting for a Senior HR Advisor to cover a period of maternity.
Supported by an HR Officer, the Senior HR Advisor will have full responsibility for one of the company's sites, providing HR advice and guidance to a site of over 350 people.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall day to day operations on site, ensuring site managers / supervisors are working in accordance with best practice, company policy and legal requirements.
The Senior HR Advisor will also be responsible for managing the company's recruitment and selection process, as well as employee relations, with a major focus on absence management, monitoring and updating the HR Manager on absence trends on site.
- Continually develop and improve the function
- Provide HR and Training advice to site managers and supervisors on a range of employment issues
- Monitor and evaluate HR policies and procedures to ensure they are regularly reviewed, followed and amended in conjunction with changing legislation. You will also work in collaboration with the HR Manager to develop and implement additional policies and procedures
- Consistently review and participate in recruitment and selection process, ensuring the company are using the most effective and cost efficient methods that comply with legislation and best practice
- Responsible for Absence Management, working closely with the HR Manager to monitor and update the procedures for managing absence
- Manage the Agency labour, ensuring that a regular auditing process is implemented
- Participate in HR development projects
- Responsible for updating and maintaining of all manual and computerised personnel records
- Ensure the Performance Management process is implemented and adhered to
- Liaise on a regular basis with the HR Manager to ensure a consistent service is implemented across multiple sites
- Minimum of 5 years HR Generalist experience in a fast paced environment
- Line management experience
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment would be desirable
- CIPD qualified
- Confident to communicate with people at all levels
For immediate consideration and shortlisting, please forward your tailored CV to Richard McFarland(Assoc. CIPD) at Grafton HR on firstname.lastname@example.org, or for a conversation in confidence call Richard on 07773197121